- Specialised staff with first-hand experience of deafness and deaf children.
- One-to-one emotional and practical support focusing on specific needs within the family.
- Lively social events and informal gatherings, bringing families with deaf and hearing children together and helping build friendships.
- Impartial up-to-date information and advice on how to assess and access suitable education, speech therapy, audiological services, new technology and benefits.
- Help in accessing government support and specialist services.
- Introductions to other parents and network support.
- Close links with wider deaf organisations, including North London Deaf Children's Society.
- Referrals to specialists where appropriate.
- Educational seminars relating to hearing loss, geared to parents of deaf children.
- Information and guidance on including deaf children in Jewish life and culture.
- Resource library.
- Liaison with Jewish schools.
Contact Jody Sacks, JDA Family Services Coordinator.
JDA, Julius Newman House, Woodside Park Road, London N12 8RP
View on map